Last year during Covid-19 elopements started to become a bigger trend so couples could still get married on their original planned date. However, elopements have been going on for years and there is a difference between an elopement and a traditional wedding.
Traditional weddings typically include the following:
- Guests over 75
- Multiple Vendors ( florists, rental companies, venues, etc)
- Your ceremony will include bridesmaids, groomsmen, and family walking down the aisle
- More cost to the couple
- Spend a lot of your time entertaining (perfect for the party planner in you!)
Elopements typically include the following:
- No more than 10 people (closest, family, and friends)
- They are typically hosted in a non-venue situation like in a park or on the side of a cliff or an Airbnb
- A small number of vendors (florist, officiant, and attire)
- Less cost to the couple (they are most likely hosting a dinner after)
- It is a more intimate setting and you can relax and enjoy your time together as a family
Whether you have an elopement or a traditional wedding, both are amazing options that will be customized to you and we are here to help in any way you choose. We would love to talk to you about your upcoming wedding. Let’s chat.